Monday, January 7, 2008

Bento bags



These are bento bags that I made for really good friends of ours for the holidays so that they would have something to carry their brand new bentos in! They are of green cotton with Sho Totoro embroidered on one side. Shown here with the bento boxes inside to give them form.They were really easy to make, I followed the pattern of my husband's bento bag that came with his green kitty bento. I used backstitch to outline the embroidery and filled it in with chain stitch. It's all done one thread thick with DMC floss so that it doesn't stand up very much from the ground cloth.


11 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! And really professional!! You could definitely sell those!

xin-xin said...

The design of these bento bags is very smart!

katie.bar.the.door said...

So pretty! And is that a little spirited-away-esque soot devil i spy in the first picture?

Danielle said...

Would it be possible for you to upload the pattern? I want to make my own bento bag, but I can't find a pattern anywhere (and I'm not innovative enough to make it up as I go along, haha).

Natakiya said...

Thank you so much, everyone!!

Courtney, I have to admit that I wouldn't mind selling bento bags if people wanted to commission them :)

That is indeed a soot sprite, katie! There are a lot of them in 'My Neighbor Totoro' as well as 'Spirited Away' and my daughter just loves them. She got an incredible kick out of making them for our friends for the holidays.

Danielle, yes I will put up a pattern to make them. They are relatively easy to sew! I don't know when I will be able to put it up, but hopefully soon.

Danielle said...

Thanks so much!! They are really cute -- you did a really great job!

Katharina said...

I love the bags and would like to mek some myself - Do you still have the patterns somewehere? Soon turned out to be quite a while...

Very nice work!

mook said...

oh they are soooo cool!
well done!

Anonymous said...

They're awesome! Your friends are lucky to have you! :)

Natakiya said...

Thank you!! I want to make some for myself...I'll get around to it one of these days I'm sure :D