Friday, October 16, 2009

Early Snow Bunny Bento


A-chan has been asking when it's going to snow. Apparently a few chilly days equates with winter and snow in her mind. So here is a snowbunny bento! Vegetarian japanese curry on one side and on the other a small onigiri with cucumber ears and nori face, pretzel sticks, baby tomato halves and corn in a cup.
We've been resisting the urge to pull out the electric blanket and turn on the heat. It's only been in the 50s but for us that's cold! Plus it's been raining like crazy. Yesterday we had 75% indoor humidity - we haven't been in that much humidity since we were in Bangkok. We're soldiering through it but I have to say I can't wait for some sunshine.
I'm also gearing up to do henna at a Bellydance convention tomorrow which means I have a batch of henna paste curing on my kitchen counter. The entire house had the scent of lavender from the essential oils this morning which was lovely! But it seems to make my nose go haywire when I'm cooking. I realized today that the curry I made last night was extra spicy maybe because I was counteracting the lavender? Little girl didn't seem to mind at all so I'm hoping that she will start getting her spice tolerance back soon!!!

No comments: